Friday, April 13, 2007

Read my book online for free

I'm too swamped to post anything of greater literary significance now (not that my book's insignificant, but you know what I mean). As an FYI, my publisher's offering free access to their Reader's Advisor Online database during National Library Week. Just follow this link, click on The Reader's Advisor Online, and choose "Historical Fiction" from the right-hand menu. Use the little arrows to choose the subgenre/subtopic you're interested in, and click Search to see related titles/annotations from the first edition of my book. The section intros are a little harder to find, but most of the text of my book's in here, somewhere.

The Daily Life through History database may be of interest, too. Free access lasts through April 22nd. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Sarah,
    I'm not a Luddite, but I have had difficulty navigating that site.

    Are they requiring people to sign up for a free trial? I'm unsure about that and after about ten-fifteen minutes of clicking and going backwards and forwards on the site, I'm giving up trying to find the hidden cheese.

    Could you give a little more explicit directions as to how to access the free stuff?

    Thank you, for I would like to avail myself of your expertise, but am currently frustrated and feel that I should stop at the seven separate windows that I have open from that website as nothing I have done seems to work.

    Linda McCabe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda,

    You don't need to sign up for a free trial. Once you get to the page I linked to, click on "The Reader's Advisor Online." In light blue, 3rd menu choice from bottom. It should let you into that database directly, without any logging in. And the database does open up in a new window. If you're not able to see what I'm describing, I'm guessing it may be a browser issue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so disappointed, I missed it! Was all tied up for that week at the London Book Fair. Is there going to be another chance to take a peek at your book?
    Lucy
    http://www.lucyannwrites.blogspot.com
    PS Your upcoming show sounds much more fun than LBF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lucy, this is the first time I've seen them do a free week, and if they do it again, it may be next year. You may be able to find a copy at a local library, otherwise. I know some libraries in larger British cities own copies.
    I'd heard that the London Book Fair didn't have as many books as usual... too bad. Is that true? I've never been.

    ReplyDelete